Thursday, August 4, 2011

Back home again

I did not attempt to blog while in the UK as I was using an Ipad and some functions are limited. We have been home for a week and I am nearly ready to go back to work. I am very grateful that I had the opportunity to take an extra week of long service leave, so that I had some rest after the trip home. It is a long way from the UK to Perth and the time difference plays with your head and body.
We did a lot of touring in our hire car and my favourite purchase was a TomTom which I bought at the Goodwood Festival of Speed. It took me a lot of trial and error to work out how it works, but by the end of the trip I was able to arrive at our destination without a problem. Even though I had a huge map book of the UK, it didnot give enough detail when it came to roundabouts.
We also visited a newsagents nearly everyday as my DH loves the paper and his magazines. I found a couple I have not yet seen in Australia. One of them I took out a subscrption for and downloaded the first edition to read on my Ipad as it was out of print.
I have been making some flowers ready to add to a teacosy that is ready for decoration.
I can't wait for the next edition to arrive in my postbox.



No comments:

Post a Comment