Friday, June 22, 2012

22nd June 2012

Today was another beautiful day in paradise. The temperature was zero, but the sun was shining. After breakfast I decided to go for a walk with my camera in tow. I headed towards the lake and went through some open gates which led to a empty lot that ended with a huge drop down to the lake.



I took some photos and headed back homewards. On the way I collected a few leaves as I have planned to make some leaf stamps and needed to draw around them form a pattern. I found these strange looking cones on a tree and still have not found out what they are. As the tree was bare, it is hard to use most online tools for plant identification.



When I got home I got out my sketch book and had a go at some drawing and painting. I am so out of practice, I need to do more.
I tried out my macro lens yesterday. As it is winter there are not a lot of plants in bloom. These were taken in the garden.












This Tui was puffed up and showing off to the female nearby. He looked so silly perched up on top of the branch.



Another view of the lake this morning.

Location:Taupo

No comments:

Post a Comment